The Republican National Convention appears to be generating genuine excitement, and not just among true-blue partisans. The speeches by Ann Romney, Chris Christie, Artur Davis, Mia Love, Condoleezza Rice, and above all Paul Ryan have lit not one but many fires among the politically engaged. Conservatives of my acquaintance are becoming downright optimistic about the prospects for November.
Which leaves me with a few little questions:
- What sort of "October surprises" might we confront?
- Present trends continuing, will the election be allowed to take place?
- How important will vote fraud and voter intimidation be to the results?
- When the election is national, just how wide is the "margin of lawyer?" (Mark Steyn)
- Assuming the Republicans carry the election, what sort of mischief can we expect from Obama and his lieutenants as their time in power draws to a close?
- Can anyone forecast the scene on Inauguration Day?