Saturday, December 7, 2019

You Need to Read This

It's about a child with a birth defect - one that led to an early death.

Some birth defects can be treated, some can only be managed. Others, like this one, are incompatible with a lengthy life.

Five years after, the father writes about his son, and what he meant to his life. It will likely make you cry - I'm still sitting here with tears welling up.

I have experience with this, although my child had a happier outcome. My eldest had multiple birth defects evident at birth. By the grace of God, my husband and I managed to keep our family together, draw upon strengths we had no idea we'd need, and re-build our lives.

That child is now adult, working at a good job, and living independently. She has a full life with many friends.

But, we didn't know that would be the outcome, at the time. Really, without the caring assistance of so many people in the health care industry, teachers, and others, we couldn't have managed.

If you have some money, consider a Christmas gift to the charity in Brook's name. It's mentioned in the article.

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

The grace of God is some powerful stuff.
I am happy for you.