Sunday, January 17, 2021

It will pass like a dream.

My title for this is a line out of the song below which more aptly suits my mood these days.

"Many are the ways of man but the will of the Lord will prevail" is also a thought made for troubled spirits. As is "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Then there's the story of Icarus.

Not exactly Enlightenment fare.

Such perspectives are a useful fallback view and excellent reminders of the truth of the maxim "Just because you can doesn't mean you should." Reason and experience are now obviously mere background noise in the West and we can take to heart Napoleon's idea that one should never interfere with one's opponent when he's making a mistake. If our enemies want to inject political crack in their veins it's not as though they haven't been warned. So we shall see how this all plays in Bozeman and Pascagoula.

In the meantime we can enjoy the perspective of some of our friends who are woke as to different realities.

The title of the song is "My native land in the sky."

4 comments:

Ragin' Dave said...

For as dour and pessimistic the Russian attitudes can be, their music is all about "I reached for the stars and I grabbed them".

George True said...

Napoleon might very well have said that, But I believe Sun Tzu said it first.

NITZAKHON said...

I sometimes think that if it weren't for my kids I'd be ready to go Home now. (And in parallel take as many of the Left with me as possible.)

Col. B. Bunny said...

Dave, the only thing I know about Russian music is that it's heavy on major babes who don't wear a bone in their nose.

Thanks, Mr. True. I attempted feeble verification of who and what but I failed.

I hope your departure date is pushed back a good bit, Nitzakhon. It's about to get interesting.