Monday, November 12, 2012

Random Thoughts on Veteran's Day

Happily, the last Monday faux "holiday" of 2012 is behind us. Faux in the sense that regardless of the actual date of the event we are memorializing, the day will be artificially moved to the most proximate Monday in order that the boobiose can be paid for sleeping in on 3 succeeding days.

In the local supermarket the other day this old geezer conducted an unscientific poll of several random shoppers and clerks. None of these adult individuals could cite the original event being celebrated. The talking heads in the mass media were all atwitter over the government offices being closed on what is now officially designated as "Veteran's" day in order to "honor the heroes" who have served in the military in order to "protect our freedoms." There was scant mention of an Armistice i.e. ceasefire, commencing on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the year of our Lord 1918. In other words, "peace" descended on the Western front as act I of the 20th century's greatest government sponsored slaughter ended to "preserve our freedoms and make the world safe for democracy."

Recent veterans are viewed by Ms Napolitano's Fusion Centers' bureaucrats as potential terrorists, and as a Korean era vet,  I must now be groped and scanned in order to board a plane. I must obtain permission from the government to use my own property in any meaningful way or engage in honest and lawful business. I am viewed and interrogated as a possible terrorist if I exercise my right to free speech by criticizing the lawlessness of my rulers who regulate every facet of my life from the flushing capacity of my toilet to the type of light bulbs I use. I am stopped at checkpoints while driving lawfully on a highway and required to produce my "papers" to prove to the "authorities" that I have the proper permissions to go about my lawful business.

A "free" country? Not so much anymore.

We have just recently experienced a national "election" assuring the continuation of our descent further into tyranny.

1 comment:

Pascal said...

Here's a clip that is now filled with irony nobody involved with making the movie ever conceived could be possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQIqDx_dYw

Today you may view it as an elegy for a sanctuary lost.