Saturday, January 26, 2019

Music Recommendation

     I know there are music aficionadi out there a lot better known and a lot more widely knowledgeable than I am, but every now and then a recording will impress me enough to blather about it here, with a warm recommendation for my Gentle Readers to look into it further:

     Don’t let the strange title or the cover art fool you; this is serious stuff. It’s a soundtrack for a movie that was never made, written and produced by Tuomas Holopainen, keyboardist of the Finnish symphonic-metal band Nightwish. Some of the performers include Holopainen, his wife Johanna Kurkela, Nightwish’s piper Troy Donockley, and The London Philharmonic Orchestra.

     Here’s a track from the album: “Go Slowly Now, Sands of Time:”

     I’ve listened to it several times since it was given to me. I find it beautiful from end to end. I strongly recommend it to anyone with musical tastes broad enough to encompass both symphonic composition and contemporary popular music.

No comments: