Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Conversations

CSO: Geez, this getting old is awful.
FWP: And you get so little time to get ready for it.
CSO: Huh?
FWP: Think about it. At 59, you’re still expected to be useful and not allowed to be offensive. At 60, suddenly you’re an animated paperweight who just sits at a desk and farts all day.
CSO: Oh, come on!
FWP: No, really! It’s only two years ago I was still useful. I still remember it clearly.
CSO: Well, I’ve always been offensive.
FWP: (Remains discreetly silent)

1 comment:

Reg T said...

"Honey, do I look fat?"

"Sweetheart, do I look stupid?"

Old age isn't for whimps. But retirement can be a lot of fun, and you may discover that the days are not long enough to do everything you need and _want_ to do.

I can't remember how I had enough time to work full-time and still do everything that needed to be done.