Saturday, November 14, 2015

Col. Bunny wounded.

I was washing the dishes in the sink last night and dumped a handful of utensils into the sink full of soapy water. Something was happening on TV and I must have been distracted momentarily by the concentrated idiocy I was hearing for I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my finger. Immediately the color of the dishwater began to turn red from the wound that I had received and I knew the rest of the evening was going to be filled with pain and anxiety.

There was no mystery about what had happened though. One of those utensils had been a sharp kitchen knife that had ended up in the sink facing backward but I was unable to see the danger this posed to me because of the soap suds.

Fortunately, I was able stanch the bleeding successfully and was able to get to the medicine cabinet in time to smear some Neosporin antiseptic ointment on my wound. I can't recommend that stuff more.

Today you can still see there is an angry inflamed area around the wound and the wound itself appears that it could open up at any time, again subjecting me to the risk of infection and possible necrosis, or even death.

I'm hoping this will all be over with in another day or so but it's still an unpleasant experience to endure.

4 comments:

syd B. said...

That looks pretty serious. I think you should be put down.

pdwalker said...

When it happens to my kids,my usually have to amputate from the neck down.

Strangely enough, they don't bother me with minor problems.

Col. B. Bunny said...

I detect a lack of sympathy.

Reg T said...

I once got a similar - but slightly larger wound - splitting kindling with a hatchet. The old Navy doc in the ER at the VA hospital told me to wash dishes for a week. He said the wound would heal much faster that way.

Given that this was how you got it in the first place, I don't know what to say. Wear kevlar gloves?