Monday, May 7, 2018

Ionizing and non-ionizing radiation.

Karl Denninger at Market Ticker has an informative piece on cell phone, microwave, CT scanner, and dental X-ray radiation and their effects on humans.

It’s particularly interesting on the radiation involved in those old tube TVs and computer monitors.

Mr. Denninger is invariably good on matters of technology, arithmetic, and risk that bewilder and terrify liberal twinks and bed wetters, which is to say 99% of politicians and most of your neighbors.

2 comments:

Reg T said...

Let's not forget body scanners at the airports, run by (poorly, or un-, trained) TSA employees, some of whom are muslim.

Col. B. Bunny said...

Let's hope the dosages there are in the range of dental x-rays. I'm flying to France in a few weeks so I'll be getting a dose of cosmic rays . . . .

Speaking of radiation, I remember visiting a shoe store in Bethlehem, Penn., around 1950. It had a fluoroscope which I am sure sprayed my feet with x-rays so I could see my feet inside of the shoe. Good times!