Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Eighteen Years Later

     Today’s American teenagers have lived their entire lives since the atrocities of 9/11. All they know of it is what they’ve been told by others – and a lot of those others have made it their mission to falsify the event: its genesis, its nature, and its consequences.

     I remember it well. Indeed, I couldn’t forget it if I tried. But with all the carnage and destruction, all the tales of fear and heroism, this is the aspect of Black Tuesday, September 11, 2001 that’s most vivid in my memory:

     That video is far from unique. That very day there were televised scenes of Palestinian Muslims firing AK-47s into the air and handing out sweets on the streets in celebration. There were imams and Islamic “scholars” declaiming about how America deserved to suffer that atrocity. There was a young Iraqi, nattily dressed in a Western-style suit jacket, sneering at the camera and proclaiming that “It should have been worse.” I saw them all.

     Such celebrations have followed every Islam-powered atrocity perpetrated in a non-Islamic country ever since. Yet today, there are more than three million observant Muslims in the United States, and more enter the nation every day. There are mosques and “Islamic centers” throughout the country. There are Muslim “street prayers” deliberately arranged to block traffic on busy city streets. We have chapters of the murderous, al-Qaeda-affiliated Muslim Brotherhood on thousands of college campuses. We have designated representatives of CAIR and ISNA “advising” several federal bureaucracies. We have Keith Ellison, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib in the Congress of the United States. And we have this:

     ...and ask yourself whether their plaintive cries about “Islamophobia” deserve even a nanoparticle of respect.

     Have a nice day.

6 comments:

MrGarabaldi said...

I remembered those people celebrating and I was disgusted, until that point, I had an overall positive impression of islam because of my time in the middle east. Because of 9-11, my impressions of islam has changed immensely, I made a point of researching islam and learning more about it and I am convinced that it doesn't belong in a modern world. Islam is a 7th century religion with youtube access, when islam misbehaves which is frequently, people just explain it away or say "there, there, there" and excuse the behavior. I haven't seen any of the other religions held to this standards. It is like islam is the small spoiled kid that never grew up and lives in the basement of his parents house and goes out at night and cause mayham and everyone turns a blind eye because they are too polite to correct.

JWM said...

I see lots of them here now. Here in my town. Go to the beach of a weekend, and in the midst of bikinis, swim suits, shorts and bare feet you see the greasy arrogant males with their slave wives in tow, bundled up like ugly mummies in the sun. I see the hijab wearing women on cell phones in their cars. I still do a slow burn. Expel every last one of them. Out of my town, out of my state, out of my nation, off this continent, out of this hemisphere, and back to the shit holes they create. Flatten every mosque, and salt the earth beneath them. Round ’em up, ship ’em out, nuke ’em flat. And don’t even get me going on the Africans.

JWM

Kye said...

JWM, I concur wholeheartedly!

Manu said...

Islam is politics and religion riding in the same cart, something Frank Herbert was fond of decrying as a terrible idea. It was deliberately designed as such.

Some individual Muslims may be good and righteous folks, like Emeth in The Last Battle. But the religion itself is Tash-worship.

I will never trust it. Folks can call that Islamophobia if they wish. To me, it's just the way things are.

HoundOfDoom said...

Dystopic, you and I are on the same page. I've been saying 'Y'all trust them if you want' to people for quite a while. Naturally, I'm the bad guy.

Brian E. said...

...or, I would posit: afraid to correct. Don’t want to go losing their head over it...