Monday, September 9, 2019

Mourning The Loss Of A Colleague

     There are people I haven’t met who are dearer to me than anyone I’ve known in the flesh. One of them has just passed away.

     The Blogosphere has lost one of its titans. Charles Hill of Dustbury has just died of injuries he received in an auto accident.

     Charles had been in poor health for some years. His mobility was declining steadily, and he’d had premonitions that his time on Earth was soon to end. Still, I doubt he foresaw this. We who loved him from a distance are immeasurably poorer for losing him.

     Love ‘em while you’ve got ‘em, Gentle Readers. You know not the day nor the hour.

     Farewell, Charles. May Heaven welcome you with a fanfare of trumpets – and may you grace those precincts with all the dry wit and clever puns you were known for in life. I’ll miss you terribly.