Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Warning from an Islamic hell.

Mosul Chaldean Catholic Archbishop Amel Shimoun Nona's declaration has recently made waves in the traditionalist Catholic and rightwing sectors of the Internet. Nona's harsh, truthful, and prophetic words deserve to be memorized by everyone in the West:
Our sufferings today are the prelude of those you, Europeans and Western Christians, will also suffer in the near future. I lost my diocese. The physical setting of my apostolate has been occupied by Islamic radicals who want us converted or dead. But my community is still alive.

Please, try to understand us. Your liberal and democratic principles are worth nothing here. You must consider again our reality in the Middle East, because you are welcoming in your countries an ever growing number of Muslims. Also you are in danger. You must take strong and courageous decisions, even at the cost of contradicting your principles. You think all men are equal, but that is not true: Islam does not say that all men are equal. Your values are not their values. If you do not understand this soon enough, you will become the victims of the enemy you have welcomed in your home.

"Assyrian Genocide: Ongoing and Forgotten." By Eugene Girin, Chronicles, 8/19/14.

2 comments:

Manu said...

Empathy is not one of my strengths. I struggle with it. I don't care enough for my fellow man as I should. The Good Book is an example that I can only follow imperfectly, and often only with a conscious exercise of will.

So when I read something that DOES move me to empathy, it's memorable and powerful in ways that are difficult for me to articulate.

This is one such piece. There are my brothers in Christ, suffering in ways us First Worlders can only imagine incompletely. The Left doesn't care, it will never care. In fact, I suspect many of the Left's adherents secretly cherish this act. They would never admit it, oh no, but I can see it in the smug grins of those who think themselves superior for their lack of faith.

Meanwhile, true suffering is ignored. Free healthcare for the "poor" Americans, nothing but exile and death for the Chaldeans.

The alliance between the Left and Islam must be broken. And we must do something for our brothers in Christ.

Col. B. Bunny said...

You seem to have plenty of empathy.

The complete indifference of the left to leftist murder and torture has always infuriated me. The left-Muslim alliance is real and the current leftist indifference you speak of is as morally reprehensible as its predecessor.

Those two paragraphs from that archbishop are all that anyone needs to know about Islam but I have no illusion that his warning will be heard. All I've read for the last nine years about Islam is but a variation on what you read here.

NOT ONE thing about Islam indicates it is a political system fit for civilized people. To Shia Muslims, infidels are just filth (najis, on the level of bodily waste and dead bodies), as reading the web site of the Iraqi Ayatollah Sistani will reveal.

Another site of his contradicts this. I'm sure this is a sincere advance in Shia imamical thinking.