Monday, October 14, 2019

Courtesy Sometimes Requires The Application Of Deterrence

     Someone on Gab was lamenting the insults and derision he’d been reaping for his TRUMP 2020 / MAGA hat. So I suggested that he might want to accessorize it with a teeny bit of hardware, as I recently decided to do:

     Another Gabber asked whether it was legal to carry such a thing where I live. I replied that “No one’s said a word about it yet.” We agreed that an old man on a “diversity”-infested rock needs all the defense he can carry, and anyway, “silence gives consent.” That’s a handy maxim!

6 comments:

Brian E. said...

Well, I’ve always heard that an armed society is s polite society - eventually. ;-)

Sam L. said...

And kukris DO encourage politeness!

pc-not said...

Hey Fran!
That bad boy is a more modern adaptation of the Gurkha knife that I have. My dad flew the "Hump" towards the end of the War. he and other pilots had high regard for the Gurkha guards that protected their airfields and camps from the Japs. Every once in a while I take it out and admire the steel, but the original sheath from 1944 is about shot.

vanderleun said...

Just yesterday, for not particular reason, I bought a sheathed machete and put it next to my hand in my car. Don't know why. I just did.

Francis W. Porretto said...

Not a bad thing to do, Gerard. I've had a "survival knife" in the S550 since 2011. (I keep a "tactical baton" in the Corvette.) If it improves one's sense of security, why not?

Unfortunately, the kukri pictured above just won't fit in either car. However, I do have a nice calf holster for it. Beth wants one, too. She's exploring a new direction in accessorizing, I suppose.

Sam L. said...

I have a small knife clipped to my seatbelt. And two flipper folders, one in my pants, the other in my jacket.