Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Sandy Report, 10-30-2012

Well, we're still here, but there's no power. However, I can run my router on battery power for a little while, so I'll do my best to keep you all informed.

Long Island was hard hit. Nearly a million customers are without power. Storm surges did serious damage along the southern coast, and the inner coast of Brooklyn abd Queens.

There are many trees down across the feeder roads that lead to the major arteries. Travel is hazardous, even in the daylight, so the stay-home advisories all remain in effect.

Somehow, I doubt things will be back to normal this week. With commerce of all sorts badly impeded by the electrical outages, the region faces more than $10 billion in aggregate losses.

On a more personal note, it takes a Sandy to remind me just how much I enjoy a nice hot shower in the morning -- and how little there is to do at 4:00 AM with all the lights out!

Later, Gentle Readers.

1 comment:

Flyover Pilgrim said...

Take good care, and glad you made it through thus far.