Sunday, December 27, 2015

Happy New Year and full speed ahead with the Obama agenda.

Although President Barack Obama insists Assad is hated by most Syrians – and if that’s true, he would presumably lose any fair election – the U.S. position is to bar Assad from the ballot, thus ensuring “regime change” in Syria, a long-held goal of Official Washington’s neoconservatives.

In other words, to fulfill the neocons’ dream of Syrian “regime change,” the Obama administration is continuing the bloody Syrian conflict which has killed a quarter million people, has created an opening for Islamic State and Al Qaeda terrorists, and has driven millions of refugees into and through nearby countries, now destabilizing Europe and feeding xenophobia in the United States.

* * * *

Retired U.S. Army Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, the former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, has termed Obama’s choice of aiding the jihadists a “willful decision,” even in the face of DIA warnings about the likely rise of the Islamic State and other extremists.

"Blocking Democracy as Syria’s Solution." By Robert Parry, Consortium News, 12/12/15 (emphasis added).

2 comments:

Reg T said...

Xenophobia? Really? Was that Michael Flynn's take on things?

Some years ago, my fixed-wing instructor asked me why I wasn't afraid of stalls and spins. I told him that if you knew what to do, how to recover, there was no reason to be afraid.

Distrust and dislike (to put it mildly) of muslims, sure. Being prepared to run a Mozambique Drill on a muslim is simply prudence. Fear is not involved, simply training, preparation, situational awareness, and the willingness to "repel boarders". How does that go? "Don't start none, won't get none."

Although one might get terribly tempted to throw a little bleach into the gene pool, from time to time.

Col. B. Bunny said...

I think that was Parry's take. The xenophobia point.

I'd never heard of the MD until you mentioned it. People who don't yearn for "safe spaces" know it instinctively I believe. My idea is not as precisely calculated. I call it the "keep shooting till they are dead" approach.

When I was a boy in Africa I used to listen to Lourenço Marques (Maputo) on the shortwave radio. That was before it all went down the pan, as the English say. I always wondered what LM became. Now I know.