Sunday, June 18, 2017

Clapper on intellectual integrity.

Subsequently, Clapper led the charge against Snowden, while excusing his own false congressional testimony by saying, “I responded in what I thought was the most truthful, or least untruthful, manner.”[1]
An extraordinary statement from James Clapper, the former Director of National Intelligence.

Note too our former CIA Director John Brennan, who, prior to 1980, once voted for a Communist Party candidate. Reason: To "[signal] my unhappiness with the system, and the need for change."

Yes. That would be my choice were I wanting to signal my unhappiness. Last November I certainly voted for Donald Trump to signal my unhappiness with a lot of things but I could have as easily have voted communist. A trifling difference.

Notes
[1] "Clapper’s Unhinged Russia-Bashing." By David Marks, Cosortiumnews.com, 6/15/17.
[2] "Polygraph panic: CIA director fretted his vote for communist." By Tal Kopan, CNN, 9/15/16.

No comments: