Monday, May 13, 2019

I'm Leaving, On a Jet Plane...

At least, I will be, Wednesday evening. The Hubs is staying home.

My son-in-law has an operation on Friday, so I'm going to be staying there for a week or two, to help out with whatever is needed. My mobility is still sub-par, but I should be able to handle the limited amount of driving needed.

I'll be checking in here, but I don't plan on posting as often. My hope is to make some progress with my books - fiction, as well as non-fiction. Well, that, and - I hope - to take in at least ONE Cleveland Indians game. They're at home for the next 2 weeks, so it's likely that I'll be able to manage it. I may spend the cash to get a seat lower down, as I don't want to be trying to manage the cheap seats with a boot and cane.

I was able to get a straight flight, without stops, which will limit my time in transit. If an opportunity to get a better seat, without too much cash spent, comes up, I'm taking it. I'm already on aspirin, to reduce the chances of a blood clot. It's amazing just how many things you have to anticipate going wrong, when you get old.

3 comments:

Kye said...

Godspeed on your trip and a blessing on your son-in-law.

HoundOfDoom said...

Born in Cleveland here. Not been back in decades. Let us know if things are better or worse. Probably both...

Linda Fox said...

Oh, in many ways, Cleveland hasn't changed. My family still lives in the neighborhood they were brought up in - or the town next door.