Wednesday, July 27, 2016

More From The Church Of Extreme Tolerance

     I’m beginning to have more sympathy for the “trans” community. Its members get a lot of static from a lot of directions – and the following, from a transwoman on Facebook, illustrates one such aspect of it dramatically:

     Coming out as transgender was easy and I was met with only positivity from family and friends.

     Starting my Youtube channel and "coming out" with center-right beliefs has wreaked havoc on my life. Within the first month, feminists in my town tried to get me evicted from the place I was living at the time, I lost a significant amount of friends, and overall people were super shitty to me. Then BLM tried doxing me and threatening my family.

     I'm not saying this as a "woe is me" post. I'm a big girl and I can handle whatever comes my way. But the point is to say that "coming out" as someone with any set of beliefs that are not perfectly far-left is more dangerous than coming out as transgender these days.

     I think of this as Plantation Syndrome: If you’re a member of a demographic the Left claims as “its own,” you are not permitted to have views other than doctrinaire Leftist views. That persons such as the author of the above dare to find more ideological commonality with us horrible *ists and *phobes of the Right threatens the Left’s ownership of that group.

     (The asterisks in the above paragraph are wild cards. Replace them with whatever word you please. The Left does it all the time.)

     Therefore, by the Gospel of Leftist Tolerance and its Boundaries:

  • Blacks are not permitted to be conservatives; that’s “race treason.”
  • Women are not permitted to be conservatives; that’s “gender treason.”
  • Homosexuals are not permitted to be conservatives; that’s...I don’t know, just icky.

     And now we have the “trans” community discovering, like its Marquee personality of the moment Caitlyn Jenner – I’ve decided to call X whatever X wants to be called, at least until the absurdities become overwhelming...and just what is the proper pronoun to use for someone who “identifies” as a rutabaga, anyway? – that “tolerance,” for the Left, is merely a political shibboleth, and not a genuine commitment.

     UPDATE: Oops! I forgot to mention the relevant Youtube channel. The proprietress is, quite frankly, a scream. Give her a try.

2 comments:

Amy Bowersox said...

You've heard me mention how much it pains me that so many commentators whose other opinions I find admirable are "tetched in the head" on the subject of transgender, and hence, my own existence. Well, it works the other way, too. I can't believe how eager many of my sisters are to swallow the "progressive" party line on so many subjects, when they simply don't make sense.

The one I've been harping on recently is the medical monopolies and how they contribute to rising health care costs, which will ultimately destroy the Federal budget, the economy, and maybe the government as well if the situation is not addressed. Hillary won't address it. Trump might. I consider that ample reason to vote for Trump, as our only chance of averting disaster.

But no, they say, Trump will set back rights for trans women by a hundred years!

First of all, I don't think that's true. But more importantly, if the United States goes down, we all go down with it: black, brown, or white, man or woman, gay or straight, trans or cis. So let's make sure we have a country left to have "rights" in, before we worry about anything else!

Francis W. Porretto said...

Ah, but you're a sensible person, Amy. Do not expect similarly good sense from persons who have pledged allegiance to an inherently intolerant political movement. They treat it as a religion -- and a particularly savage one that prescribes death to all infidels, at that.