Wednesday, April 15, 2015

ULTRA-Quickies: So What’s With The “Quickies,” Eh, Fran?

     It’s very simple: A number of readers have complained that I go on for too long. So I’m trying to be more concise. It might have a salutary effect on my writing generally. Then again, it might make my crap read a bit too much like final-stage Ernest Hemingway, which I think would be bad.

     At any rate, I’ve been tagging posts written in this fashion as “Quickies” so they can be isolated for later study. Who knows? I might actually learn something. We shall see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a big deal, and I like both the quickies as well as the typical fare here. But if the quickies enable you to hit on a number of topics, that's sort of a good thing in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I, for one like them.
D

pdwalker said...

WTF?

Some people would complain about free money falling from heaven.

Write whatever tickles your fancy.

If you want to help the reading time challenged, you could add at the end

"tl;dr: hurka durka" or some other appropriate short summary.

Anonymous said...

I rather like the usual depth, despite my challenges of time allocation. But, indeed brother Fran; whatever floats your boat, 'tis yours - do as you wish. - Grandpa

Anonymous said...

The longer pieces are longer because they contain more information.
The "too long, didn't read" crowd should be disregarded not catered to. Your normal fare isn't 'War and Peace', it just has more words than the ADHD attention span allows for.
Just my $.02...