Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Just For Fun: Invent A Game

     Now and then in my sojourns through that magical wonderland called Amazon, I’ll stumble upon a product that intrigues me for no logical reason. Yesterday was such an occasion:

     That’s right, Gentle Reader: the product illustrated above is a bag of 140 polyhedral dice of the sort used in Dungeons and Dragons and other role-playing games. Twenty sets, seven dice per set. Dice and bag for only $29.99!

     Now, I have no idea why anyone would want or need twenty sets of DnD / RPG dice. But the product listing mentioned above isn’t the only such; there are dozens of similar offerings. Therefore, there must be a market for them. That got me to thinking: What sort of game would need all the dice in the bag, plus the bag itself?

     So here’s a fun challenge:

  • Invent a game that requires:
  • Write rules for that game for two, three, or four players.
  • Propose a tournament around it.

     I’ll publish the funniest and most imaginative entries here at Liberty’s Torch.

No comments: