Monday, October 10, 2016

Feel the [left-wing] hate.

Almost twenty years ago, when I could not conceive of ever being anything but a leftist, I joined a left-wing online discussion forum.

* * * *

In this online forum, suddenly my only contact with others was the words those others typed onto a screen. That limited and focused means of contact revealed something.

If you took all the words typed into the forum every day and arranged them according to what part of speech they were, you'd quickly notice that nouns expressing the emotions of anger, aggression, and disgust, and verbs speaking of destruction, punishing, and wreaking vengeance, outnumbered any other class of words.

One topic thread was entitled "What do you view as disgusting about modern America?" The thread was begun in 2002. Almost eight thousand posts later, the thread was still going strong in June, 2014.

Those posting messages in this left-wing forum publicly announced that they did what they did every day, from voting to attending a rally to planning a life, because they wanted to destroy something, and because they hated someone, rather than because they wanted to build something, or because they loved someone.

I experienced powerful cognitive dissonance when I recognized the hate. . . .

* * * *

I do have right-wing friends now and they do get angry and they do express that anger. But when I encounter unhinged, stratospheric vituperation, when I encounter detailed revenge fantasies in scatological and sadistic language, I know I've stumbled upon a left-wing website.

"Weekend Must-Read: Ten Reasons Why I Am No Longer a Leftist." By Danusha V. Goska, American Thinker, 7/21/14 (emphasis added).

1 comment:

Col. B. Bunny said...

I love that guy's "unhinged, stratospheric vituperation."

I had a motivational tape years ago. They guy was talking about relationship truths. He said if your wife makes you a nice breakfast life will be better if you say "Honey, that was great" rather than "What kind of slop is this?" Leftists utterly fail to see what is great in their lives and do get unhinged on petty defects. It's a lifestyle choice and so we see how the left has been a malevolent, disdainful presence adding nothing but confusion, grief, and destruction everywhere.