Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Please Share This

I'm one of the many who has an Epipen stashed away for emergency use. I've only had a few allergic reactions that necessitated a hospital visit, but they were doozies!

Most allergic reactions are not that bad - you itch, become congested, feel horrible. A dose or two of Benadryl will get you back to normal.

I've had a few that were more serious - once, while teaching class. The nurse was great - she brought a bottle of Benadryl, and directed me on dosage. She didn't leave until the reaction was brought under control. That was one that was caused by penicillin.

So, the doctor prescribed an Epipen. I've had one for years (replaced annually), and never needed to use it. It's more than due for replacement, but I hesitated to do so, because the price had jumped so much.

CVS has made a strong effort to stock the alternative, at a price that is affordable. Here is a coupon that can be printed out, that will likely reduce the price even further.

Please share this - many people, like me, are hesitating to replace an aging medication, due to the cost. It can be a lifesaver, if medical care is not immediately available. People need to know about lower-cost alternatives.

No comments: