Friday, October 23, 2020

Personal Concerns Over Public

 Life has been interesting lately.

It's AEP season - that's when Medicare recipients can make changes in their plans, so I've been a little busy with that. In another week, the ACA (Obamacare) changes will start. It's important work, to get people the best plan I can find for them, so that takes my attention away from current events. So, for the next couple of months, I'm going to be VERY busy.

I managed to put up another short story - Amazon, or, for a better deal, try Smashwords (you can download in multiple formats). It is part of a longer work, but I thought I'd post a few chapters that had a complete story-part.

Personally, there is news - my husband, before we were married, fathered a son. He didn't know about it, and only found out now, thanks to a 23 & Me DNA test. Our kids found it, and let him know right away.

They didn't tell me, not sure how I'd take it. I wasn't upset - it happened long before we even met. (And, I knew, from what he'd said, he wasn't untouched by human hands in his youth). We both met his son, who seems to be a great kid - well, not a kid, he's nearly middle-aged himself. But the meeting went well, and we're planning to meet again, this time, virtually, with all the kids having an opportunity to participate.

So, we've spent a lot of time talking about this, and we're still dealing with some home repair issues, and cleaning/organizing, and a whole lot more. 

Today, I started making out the will updates, and found some other changes that needed to be made. I finally bit the bullet, and will be getting a Health Care Power of Attorney (never had one).

Life is funny. A single moment in time has consequences for years to come. Just when you think life is settled down and calm, in comes a surprise.

And, that's what this new family member is - a delightful surprise.

No comments: