Friday, February 14, 2020

An Announcement

     I don’t tolerate personal insults, denigrations, or belittlements here at Liberty’s Torch, whether they’re aimed at me, a Co-Contributor, or a reader. Insults from one who issues them from behind an anonymizing moniker or “handle” are contemptible in the extreme. When they arrive, I delete them, such that no one other than I will ever see them.

     When insults arrive from a source that regularly does so, I ban that source from commenting here: his subsequent comments are automatically deleted without ever being read. While such a lowlife could adopt a new moniker, I can track any number of such. At some point the offender will grow weary of his little pastime and slink away. I am confident of this from experience.

     Yes, such a harasser has come to my attention. Yes, I have recorded his moniker in my “little list.” And he never will be missed. To those who value the privilege of commenting here: don’t be like him. My tolerance for such behavior is nonexistent.

6 comments:

Drake's Place said...

Agree fully. Enabling comment moderation feature is the only way to go. I'd never go back to non-mod mode.
- Dave Drake

1104wrhmr6r said...

Thank you for your diligence.

NOVA Shooter said...

Please don't think for one second that we who frequent your blog don't appreciate it. It is just a shame that you have to wade through it.

Mike Smith said...

Can I still post here ;)

vanderleun said...

Fran versus the
Racontour??

Why must there always be fighten' and killin'? Wha cain't thar be peace in da valley?

Francis W. Porretto said...

Gerard: It wasn’t Aesop to whom I was referring; that was his assumption, as I noted in the comments at his site. However, following his assumption he proceeded to insult me at length, so...well, you’re a smart fellow, so you can work out the rest.

There was another miscreant who'd decided that I made a suitable target for his derision. I refuse to have a battle of wits with the unarmed. It's easier merely to quell the nuisance before it can annoy. Besides, I'm trying to complete a novel, but then, isn't that always the case?