Friday, September 11, 2020

Your Friday Morning Musical Interlude

     I like a lot of different kinds of music, including a few varieties that might surprise my Gentle Readers. And I have a special affection for the piano and its greatest exponents, in particular Frederic Chopin and Ludwig van Beethoven. But I also appreciate musicians who understand that theirs is a category of entertainment – and who therefore don’t take themselves overly seriously. So a piece such as the following delights me in more ways than one:

     Queen’s best songs were truly awesome. This piano-solo arrangement of “We Are The Champions” is as dramatic as any rendition I’ve heard. That Miss Astanova is drop-dead gorgeous certainly doesn’t hurt. But even without such an attraction, I’ve always respected a good “cover band:”

     Enjoy your Friday, Gentle Reader.

No comments: