Friday, November 6, 2020

My Plan for Staying Sane Over the Next Few Weeks

 I have a plan:

  • Eat sensibly - lots of high protein food, fiber, and quality snacks
  • Exercise modestly - mostly stretching, concentration on strength and balance, and long walk - preferably outside
  • Work on NaNoWriMo writing. Goal is to finish a long-delayed first draft.
  • Avoid television. Do not  watch the news. Do not watch election 'analysis' - it will be DESIGNED to sap my will to continue the fight.
  • Get a good night's sleep.
  • Pray. I'm thinking of a novena, which is traditional for desperate causes.
I should probably add: stay away from CW 2.0 novels - I love Kurt Schlichter, but I need to consciously avoid thinking about those kind of outcomes as likely, for now. Time to move into prep mode later (I'm making a gamble that this will not get 'hot' until after the holidays - it is hard to get people to focus on marching, rioting, and mayhem during the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, when we may not even get to travel to visit family in many parts of the country).

Post your own Sanity Plan in the comments.

5 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

Who is the patron saint of desperate causes?
Jude. Novena to St. Jude (Long Version) – Patron of Desperate Causes. Begin by reciting the prayer: St. Jude, glorious apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases, and of things despaired of.
Novena to St. Jude - Powerful Catholic Prayers

www.powerfulcatholicprayers.com/novena-st-jude/

SWVAguy said...

This election will leave a deeper scar than the Civil War. Nothing will convince me that Trump lost. Closing down vote counting, poll workers filling out ballots, ballots appearing miraculously out of nowhere, double voting.
Let's get it over with, get on our knees and thank the Chinese, the media and mail-in voting for this.

Like hell we will.

SWVAguy said...

Let's take a major point of comparison. A Trump rally attracted 10s of thousands of deplorables. 57,000 in Butler PA, with the attendees shouting "we love you." When have you ever heard a crowd shouting that at any politician? Biden rallys attracted hundreds,in their cars and honking their horns. Convince me that Trump wasn't heading for a landslide. You won't.
In Wise County VA where I live, Trump took 80% of the vote. Are we that different from the rest of the country? Nope. There were very few mail in ballots cast here.
I humbly suggest re-doing the election. If the ballots aren't in by a specific date, they're trashed, regardless of their postmark.

smoface said...

I keep my rosary under the pillow for my night prayers. But I always fall asleep by the third decade, unless I sit up.

A Novena is an excellent idea. You have to show up in person.

smoface said...

I meant to add this link :

https://catholicfamilynews.com/blog/2020/11/04/abp-vigano-to-american-people-wield-the-powerful-weapon-of-the-holy-rosary-do-not-lose-heart/